The Blount County Rescue Squad (BCRS) is a 501c3 non-profit agency that has been serving the citizens of Blount County since 1958. BCRS is staffed completely by volunteers, and there is no charge for our services. All funding for BCRS comes from generous donations from our community. We receive no funding from government agencies.
Our services include, but are not limited to:
- Emergency Medical Response
- Motor vehicle accidents/vehicle extrication
- Public assists
- Search and rescue/recovery
- Wilderness rescue
- Medical rehabilitation and support for local fire departments
- Mutual aid for area emergency departments
BCRS is governed by an all-volunteer board of directors, and staffed by men and women of all ages who are dedicated to providing you with the best possible service. We train regularly and volunteer nearly 32,000 man-hours annually.
Our current roster consists of 61 members including:
(1) Internationally Certified Emergency Manager (CEM)
(1) Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist (CRNA)
(1) Registered Nurses (RN)
(13) Emergency Medical Technician IVs (EMT and AEMT)
(22) Emergency Medical Responders (EMR)
(27) Internationally Certified Search & Rescue Technicians
(8) Internationally Certified Search & Rescue K-9s
(11) Junior Rescue Members
Included in our membership are the future members of the rescue squad, our Junior Rescue Squad members. The Junior Rescue Squad consists of youths from 14-18 years old who are interested in exploring a possible career in rescue, fire, or EMS. They train alongside our members and respond with us on calls. Our Junior Rescue Squad members are not only learning rescue related techniques, but life and leadership skills.
Foster community relationships by collaborating with our emergency response partners and the general public to increase the effectiveness of the EMS system in Blount County. This will be achieved through community outreach events, public education on accident prevention, and rescue and emergency care training programs.
Member of the Tennessee Association of Rescue Squads (TARS) www.tnars.org